Friday 10 March 2017

11 Years Ago I Recorded an Acoustic Album

An artwork drawn of me at Mojo's, North Fremantle by Bay Rigby (RIP)
So my sister has dutifully kept a piece of history of myself of when I was first starting out with my acoustic guitar and vocals music.

It's what I started from and it's a great reference point for me.

I generally sang lyrics adapted from my automatic writing from my pad which I wrote in daily.

This album is self-recorded and I even had a small release at a jam night at the Swan Hotel in North Fremantle.

Then.. I was completely consumed with being original and sounding like no one else. I was also obsessed with only playing original music and was defiantly against playing anyone else's music. I've come a long way since then in my path of music appreciation but my fire for originality early on has given me reliable persepectives from which to expand from.

A preview of this album (Delectable) can be streamed here - http://archive.org/details/delectable

Track list as follow:
1. Better Understand Me
2. Wanton Beast
3. Connected Here
4. Memories
5. Time is in
6. Present Reality
7. Afraid to be
8. Maybe
9. The Chasm We Speak About
10. Waves
11. With Beauty

In Love,

Monti

No comments:

Post a Comment